Order Bees From Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply
- Start producing early in the spring
- Early production allows for increased population growth
- More likely to swarm (their effort to relieve overcrowding)
- Can handle harsher, colder climates better than other stocks
- Less likely to rob other colonies of honey, which lessens the chances of disease
- Prolific honey producers
- Comparably less defensive than other stocks
- Brood rearing exhibited for long durations, starting in springtime, can cause them to eat surplus honey if supers aren’t removed after flow
- More likely to rob other colonies of honey, which increases the chances of disease
- Tend not to swarm
- Pure, sweet golden honey, of course!
- Honeybees can also play a vital role in pollination of crops on small-scale hobby farms.
- Beehives produce a multitude of other substances with a variety of benefits, including bees wax, propolis, and pollen.
- With beeswax from your own hives, you could produce personal goods, like candles, lotions, salves, lip balms, soaps, and even in cooking at home quite easily.
- Nothing beats going into your own garden and watching bees working feverishly to bring valuable contributions back to their hive all while pollinating your vegetables and flowers.